The Martha Stewart Holiday Collection - Martha's Halloween Ideas
|Used and New:|
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
|Average Customer Review: ( 11 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
24 of 27 found the following review helpful:
Woo-hoo Halloween!!! Oct 06, 2006
The fun is about to begin!!!! Our Martha has brought us her always top-notch DVD of holiday fun and "education" this time in the theme of Halloween, which seems to be one of her favorite celebrations!!
These enjoyable and fun idea's are from her former TV show format which have been transferred onto DVD's. They come with her demand for nothing but high quality picture and sound, let alone the idea's and projects that will keep you and the kids entertained and busy for hours, depending on what great fun you want to tackle first!!
The DVD is in 6 different area's of Halloween magic:
1) pumpkin carving 101 ( I really loved the use of "miniature" lights to place inside a pumpkin; it was so pretty!)
2) pumpkin creatures (this was a really clever way of mixing different gourds and pumpkins to make creative creatures)
3) pumpkin owls
1) supermarket costumes
2) fleece costumes (such adorable idea's like the little tree)
3) baby chicken (this was such a great idea for little ones plus idea's of the things you can make with garbage bags and coffee filters!)
4) fish head costumes (there is a material called "specialty sparkle film" that's used in emergency workers outfits and it is just brilliant for this idea and can be easily purchased at craft stores)
5) pirate costume
1) clothespin bats
2) spider cone lanterns
3) window silhouettes (these were alot of fun and the kids can pose for the ones you make for big windows or long glass doors)
4) glow stick spiders
5) specimen bottles
6) shrunken heads (this was a blast with the use of Granny Smith apples that are sculpted then "shrunken"!)
TREATS: (these are fun to make if they aren't all eaten first)
1) Halloween cupcakes
2) white chocolate ghosts
3) popcorn balls
TRICK or TREAT:
1) pillowcase treat bags
2) animal treat bags
3) reflective bags (these were a great and kid-safe idea because of the use of reflective tape, plus the kids will have fun making them)
1) frightfully scary makeup
2) bruises and scars
3) special effects makeup (this is the filming of how Martha was transformed into the "Spider Lady" that was on the October issue of MSL; it's an amazing episode that gives some insight into the world of special effects)
The price for this DVD is well worth it and all the idea's within can be easily made without needing alot of time and money. So if Halloween is as much fun for you as it is for Martha, then consider this DVD and have a safe and fun day!!
12 of 12 found the following review helpful:
Excellent source for cute, creative halloween ideas. Oct 04, 2006
By Eco Girl
I already have the 3 set Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years DVD's and love them, so I decided to go ahead and spring for the Halloween DVD. I was not disappointed. The ideas range from easy children's costumes, to devilish ideas for decorating. If you like kid-friendly and fun spookable ideas, this DVD is for you! Even if you don't have children, this DVD will provide you with a lot of wonderful ideas to decorate your home. Thanks Martha!
5 of 5 found the following review helpful:
Delighfully full of good things... Jan 12, 2007
This DVD is full of delightful ideas for a spooktacular Halloween. I did not get mine in time for Halloween 2006 but am already reving up some of the ideas on this DVD for future Halloween parties and get togethers. This is definitely a must have on your Martha Stewart Holiday Colletion!!!
3 of 3 found the following review helpful:
Everything You Expect From Martha!!!! Jan 04, 2007
By Cynthia Sarkisian
This is a wonderful DVD full of super ideas for Halloween. The projects are fantastic and much easier than you expect as Martha guides you through the process step by step. This is a must have for any Martha fan.
3 of 3 found the following review helpful:
Halloween Lovers Jan 03, 2007
By Bookloving Grandma
MS fans know that this is Martha's favorite holiday. This DVD is packed with ideas. I would also like to see it in book form.
See all 11 customer reviews on Amazon.com